Monday, March 31, 2014

Annie Sloan Chalkpaint

As you can bet, our spring break was so full and so fun!  Upon returning from Georgia, we got busy with some projects around the house.  Currently, we are moving Carter into his own room, so he and Summer no longer have to share.  And, we are doing some redecorating in Tilly and Story's room, so they don't feel left out!  
My girls (like most in America these days) are obsessed with all things Frozen.  They wanted a "Frozen" room, so we got to work doing just that.  We began by painting this dresser.  
I have been reading, pinning and reasearching lots about Annie Sloan chalkpaint, so I knew this was the route I wanted to go for painting our furniture.  I picked out the color, Provence.  Annie Sloan chalkpaint is kind of pricey, so we went up to Home Depot to see if we could make our own.  You definitely can!  
Here it is, all chalkpainted and finished!  
And, once we finished the first piece, I couldn't wait to get started on the second piece.  Who knew painting could be so therapeutic?  I'm addicted.  
These are nightstands in Summer's new room.  I chose the Annie Sloan color "Old White" for these.  
And here they are! 

No comments: