Monday, April 14, 2014

Global Wildlife Preserve

This past week, I had the treat of chaperoning on a first grade field trip.  We traveled to Folsom, Louisiana, to the Global Wildlife Preserve.  When I was telling David where we were going, he said, "Isn't that where the prison is?"  It is!  Ha!  
This is Carter's favorite friend in all the land, Peyton.  His momma has become a dear friend to me, too, and I loved sitting with her on our bus ride to LA.  She's a hoot!
It was so fun to spend the day with Carter.  
Carter wanted to take a selfie with him and Peyton.  

Before our wildlife adventure began, each person was given a cup full of food for the animals. 

The ostrich put on a show for us.  Carter said, "Look, Momma!  He's trying to get in love!"  All of the adults on the safari were rolling!  

The animals were just beautiful.  

Isn't the giraffe stunning?  
We were so close to the animals.  They came right up to our safari train for us to feed them.  

See what I mean! 

One of my favorite pictures of the day!  You had to be careful of the zebras!  They bite!

Well, hello there!

The horns on this guy were quite impressive.

It was amazing that the zebras were close enough to touch.  

The llamas were my favorite.  

Their mouths were so soft, and they ate right out of our hands.  

The next two pictures are of Carter feeding the llama.  

He thought it was so cool that they would eat right out of our hands.  


I love this picture.  Peyton's momma was holding on for dear life!  He kept leaning over the side of the train!

Check out the tongue on this fella! 
Carter feeding another llama.  I think those were his favorites, too!

These two!  I had the most fun on this trip.  After our safari, we had a picnic lunch, and then we headed home to Hattiesburg.  Such a great day! 

No comments: