Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to school!

We spent several days preparing for the start of a new school year.  
One thing we did that I loved was prayer walking around our school with some friends and church members.  Our church had members at several schools around our city prayer walking all at the same time.  So powerful! I hope this is something my children will always remember doing before the start of a new school year.  
I took Tilly in early to meet her teacher.  
We just love Mrs. Pittman and are so thankful that another O'Dell will learn from her this year.  Mrs. Pittman teaches T-one at PCS, which is what drew us to the school initially when we moved to Hattiesburg from Atlanta.  It's hard to believe this is the start of our 4th school year here.  T-one is a transitional grade between Kindergarten and First Grade and is just perfect for all of our summer birthday babies.  David and I like to say we are just red-shirting them ;)
Mrs. Pittman, Tilly and me!
On the Monday before the first day of school, some sweet  mommas hosted a little get together for the girls in Summer's class.  I love that they did this, as I think it really relieved some anxiety my Summer was feeling about the first day of school.  The girls wore their pjs and enjoyed doughnuts and a manicure while they got to know their new classmates.  
Summer's nails are all Bobcat blue and ready! 
The sweet girls in Summer's class.  
Monday night was also the start of a new semester at gymnastics, and this year little sister is joining the two big girls.  They all had the best time! I told David that you wouldn't know Story had not been going all along.  She jumped right in and did a great job! 
And the first day of school finally arrived on Tuesday, August 12, for the big three.  
They were sooo excited and woke up super early to get ready for the big day.  
I love that they are all wearing great big smiles on their faces.  
Even this little one jumped up and got ready.  Her school starts a week after the big ones, and she was kind of pitiful each morning when we would leave home.  
New tennis shoes and new backpacks for the first day.  Thank you, T, for our new backpacks! 
Posing with Daddy.  
And Mommy.  
 I snapped this picture one morning this week while we were all getting ready.  It really does take a village, and I love how big brother stepped up to tie little sister's laces.  Precious! 
 Friday, our pre-schooler had Open House at her school where she got to see her classroom and meet her teachers.  
 We are thrilled that Story will have Miss Gin and Miss Lisa as her teachers.  Miss Gin taught Summer and Tilly in preK, so we know Story is in great hands.  Miss Lisa is new to the preschool, but not to our family.  Her son, Peyton, is Carter's BFF. So fun! 
It's really hard to believe that this is our last year with a preschooler.  Kind of emotional, too! 
 And, I'm official again this year! I'll be an assistant in second grade in the mornings.  This will free me up to pick up Story from school each day and be home with her for a few hours before we pick up the big 3.  I am really loving the change so far!  The teacher I work with is a seasoned teacher, and I am already learning so much from her! 
Do y'all have the TimeHop app?  It's one of my very favorites.  I love seeing blasts from the past daily on my phone.  Here we are at the end of the first week of school last year.  They sure have grown up a good bit since then.  I am proud to report that we had another great first week of school this year, and we can't wait to see what's in store for week two.  Monday, will be Story's first full day of preschool, and Tuesday, we will be celebrating someone's birthday! So fun! 

No comments: