Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Our last few weeks in Hattiesburg!

Hattiesburg had been home to our family for 3 1/2 years, and we have so many fond memories of our time there.  Once we shared that we would be leaving, we set about to spend as much time as we possibly could with those we love.  
 Carter had one last sleepover with his favorite friend, Peyton.  We took the boys to Outback and then back to our house for some sleepover fun! 
 Meanwhile, all three girls enjoyed a sleepover at Mrs. Shannon's house (she's such a brave soul and dear friend) with Makena and Helena.  They had the most fun! This was Tilly's and Story's very first sleepover! 
 We had one last lunch at Ward's with our sweet friends from church.  
 We had lunch with Story's friend, Olly, after school one day.  
 Summer got to be Fantastic reader for her class.  She read Good Night Moon, and her class enjoyed moon pies and juice boxes for a snack.  
 And then this happened, and it all started to get real.  Real fast.  
 I have worked as an assistant at PCS for the last two years, and this year, I was fortunate to work in Mrs. Brock's second grade class.  I love these faces so very much.  They taught me so much this school year, and they are never far from my thoughts nor my heart.  
 This lady, she has become a special friend, and I couldn't love her more if I tried.  I loved working with Jenny this school year, and I wish that I'd had the chance to work with her before I became a teacher myself.  I learned so much from watching her! And we laughed, oh we laughed!  I miss my sweet friend! 
 Tilly enjoyed a girl date with Miss Katie, one of our very special friends.  We miss her so very much! 
 David and I got to eat sushi at our favorite place one last time.  
 Miss Stephanie and our friends at Hardy Street had a going away party for the children on our last Wednesday night there, and it was so very special.  
 This is our neighbor, Jake.  He and Carter have had the most fun running back and forth to each other's house.  We sure miss him! 
 Our last day at PCS, so very bittersweet.  The faculty and staff at this school ministered so much to our family over the last few years.  
 Story's preK class.  Miss Gin, her teacher, taught all three girls in preK, and prepared them so well for Kindergarten.  We are forever grateful to her! Miss Lisa is her assistant and Peyton's mom, so she's super special, too! 
 Story's last day at PCS preschool.  
 Each class had a going away party for the children, so as you can imagine, I spent the whole day crying.  Few things touch a momma's heart more than to have people love on and invest in your children.  Tilly with Mrs. Pittman, who also taught Summer and Carter, so she's heavily invested in our family, too.  We couldn't be more thankful for the many ways she has loved and nurtured our children, and the same goes for all of their teachers at school.  Truly.  
 Summer with Mrs. Davis and Mrs. McIntosh, her teachers on the last day.  
And Carter's teacher, Mrs.Newman.  She is reading Carter's book to the class.  We are so grateful for our time in Hattiesburg and for the special friendships that we made at PCS and at Hardy Street.  We are better for having known these precious friends.  

No comments: