Friday, April 03, 2015

Daddy/Daughter Dates

The very first weekend we were in Arkansas after the move, Arkansas Baptist had a Daddy/Daughter dance.  So sweet! 
David and I try to be very intentional about dating our children, but our girls had never been to anything like this before, and they had the most fun! 
We were still at Papa and Gigi's house, so we spent the afternoon painting fingers and toes, washing and drying hair, and putting on a teensy bit of make-up.  They were beyond excited, as you can see! 
At the dance, they jammed to Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and One Direction and played ping pong with their daddy.  
He loves these girls so well! I love how high he is setting the bar for their future husbands.  
Then, just a couple of weeks later, we had another Daddy/Daughter dance in our town at the community center.  By this time, we had settled into our home pretty well.  We went through the whole getting ready routine again.  I overheard Summer say to Tilly, "It's like we're going to prom!" Love.  
So, one of our church friends was in charge of this event, and she did an amazing job.  The girls truly felt like princesses.  They rode in a limousine over to the event, walked in on the red carpet and were given a rose and tiara! How fun! 
Here's one of the professional pictures that was taken.  I wonder who or what Story is looking at ;) 
Meanwhile. . . I got to have a date with this handsome fella.  He was so excited, and I love that! 
After we dropped the others off, I told him we were going to Panera because it's my favorite.  I surprised him by taking him to his favorite, Moe's! Give this guy some cheese dip and sour cream and he's in heaven! A few weeks ago, he asked me if he could have Taco Bell at his wedding! 
After Moe's, we went to TCBY for some frozen yogurt.  
I love this little guy who made me a momma first so very much.  We had the most fun on our date! 

No comments: