Monday, April 06, 2015

Snow Days!

As you know, we moved to Arkansas at the beginning of February after our trip to Disney.  From that week until this past week, when we celebrated spring break, we only had two full weeks of school thanks to the beautiful white stuff that kept falling from the sky! 
The first snow fall was more ice than powdery snow, but it was still so pretty.  
And it afforded us the opportunity to wear tutus and drink hot chocolate! 
This is the view from our front porch looking across our yard and street.  
Carter in our backyard.  
And you can't have a snow day without enjoying snow ice cream.  We use a can of sweetened condensed milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.  Sometimes, we add a little milk if it's too thick.  It is so, so good! 
The girls had so much fun playing dress up and walking around in my heels.  They can walk in them better than I can! 
The second snow of the season was way better!  A lot more of it, and it was very powdery.  This is again a view from the porch.  
And this is a picture of our house taken from the street.  It's crazy to blog about this now because those Bradford pear trees are now full of blooms! 
They were so excited to be able to play in the snow! This year, we were not very prepared for snow days.  Next year, we will be sure to have proper shoes and gloves, ha! 
David took the children around the neighborhood on the four wheeler.  I love Summer's face in this picture! 
And how cute is she! 
My mini me ;)
After some four wheeling fun, some of our church friends picked us up to go sledding at the high school.  Our little family has lived in Atlanta and South MS for the last 9 years, we have never done anything like this, and it was the most fun! 
I'm so sad, I didn't take more pictures.  I thought I was taking them, but apparently not, ha! The children had a blast.  I think Carter and Summer would have stayed all day.  The little ones were done once their feet got cold, ha! 
We enjoyed another round of snow ice cream, and I made a mocha frappe with snow cream using a recipe I found on Pinterest.  It was so, so good! And thanks to some smart thinking on the part of our school's administration and the use of cyber days, we don't have to make up any school days at the end of the year, wahoo! 

No comments: