Wednesday, June 24, 2015

#sbc15

We left Canada Sunday morning and made our way to Columbus for the Pastor's Conference and Southern Baptist Convention.  It was so nice to stay put for a few days in one place after traveling for so many.  I did not take many pictures at all once we were in Columbus.  Our children went to the camp they had for the pastor's children, and David and I enjoyed going to the worship services and meetings.  One of my favorite parts of the Pastor's Conference is the worship and teaching.  We were led in worship by Travis Cottrell, Meredith Andrews and Shane & Shane - all at different times of course, but it was amazing! We heard some really great preaching, too! My favorites were James MacDonald and David Platt.  Another favorite for me is getting to host a table at the Minister's Wives luncheon.  This was my second year to host, and it's so much fun! Angie Smith was the speaker for this year, and I could not have been more excited to hear her share.  She is as adorable as she seems in her blog and books.  
Better yet, I got to meet her at the book signing after the luncheon, such a treat! 
Wednesday after the conference was over, we headed out to see some sights in Columbus.  On the top of our list was Ohio State University.  We walked all the way around the stadium but couldn't find anyone nice enough to let us in ;) 
It was pretty neat to be on the campus of this year's National Championship winner! 
The stadium appeared to be nice from the outside, ha! 


Upon the suggestion of my friend, Teresa, who had visited Columbus last summer with her family, we went to eat supper at Schmidt's Sausage Haus.  
The food was ok, but the dessert was awesome! Cream puffs weighing half a pound, yes, please! 
Our last night at the hotel in Columbus, we discovered our last first loose tooth! Gasp! How can it be? She was so excited! I imagine it won't be long before the tooth fairy comes to visit this cutie! 

No comments: