Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Road Trip - headed home!

Thursday morning, we hit the road and headed west before eventually heading south towards home.  This allowed us to cross a few more states off our list! 
Thanks for the memories, Ohio! 
Indiana, here we come.  One of my sweet friends messaged me to tell me of some fun places to see in Indianapolis.  I told her that we were only going to Indianapolis for one thing. . . 
Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Colts! 
My husband and our family became Colts fans during Peyton Manning's tenure with them.  We were also big fans of Coach Tony Dungy.  It was pretty cool to see where they played! 
We Believe!
The stadium was of course closed, so we headed over to the Pro Shop to pick up a Father's Day gift or two.  While we were in there, we met a family from our school, Arkansas Baptist! What a small world! 
I love that sometimes my children want their picture taken when we go to new places.  Sometimes, they don't cooperate, but when it's their idea, well. . . 
Carter wanted to have his picture made at every place we went, so he could send pictures to his teacher once we got home.  
Summer said, "I think I look pretty with the wind blowing through my hair!" Yes, you do, sweet girl!
Tilly! No pose today! 
We left Indianapolis and decided to just power through and make it home on Thursday.  We didn't want to get another hotel room and were just ready to be in our own beds.  So, we drove over 750 miles Thursday, so we could make it home sweet home.  
And that's just what we did! Our travels this year took us through 10 states plus Canada.  We drove 2333.3 miles on this trip.  Once again, we are so very thankful not only for the opportunity to see so many beautiful places and sweet friends, but also to have such wonderful traveling mercies along the way, what a gift! 

No comments: